1. go to the windows start bar
2. Then click on programmes
3. Select smart SMS and double click on the icon. (you can drag and drop it onto your desktop for easier use?)
When it is open you need to carefully set the following
1. Click on settings the first thing you need to do is detect what port your modem is on.
2. select com port 2 then click on test com port it will tell you when it has located it. If it is not on com 2 repeat until found.
3. leave the modem speed at 9600 as this will cause less possible complications
4. In the PHONENUMBERS TO SMSC AND SMSC PICTURE MESSAGES insert 00491722278020.
Note: this is a German SMSC number and there is a small charge (we do not take any share of this charge and it is a lot less than buying a ringtone) and when tested worked mainly world wide. If you have any problems with this number try the following ones.
Dialed from: another country same country
Belgium - Mobistar 0032495955205 0495955205
Denmark - TeleDanmark Mobil 004543625250 43625250
Germany - D2 privat 00491722278020 01722278020
Germany - D2 00491722278000 01722278000 (ISDN X.75 only)
Iceland - Landssimi Islands 9541010
Netherlands - KPN Telecom 0031653141414 0653141414
Norway - Telenor Mobil 004790002198 90002198
Sweden - Telia Mobile 0046740930000 0740930000
Finland - Sonera 209801
Portugal - TMN 00351962113000 962113000
Switzerland - Swisscom Natel 0041794998990 0794998990
If you are selecting a number from the above list use the first one if you do not live in that country or the second one if you do.
5. Click ok to exit settings
Once back looking at the application you will see a white icon near the bottom this is to add the names and number that you want to send stuff to.
1. Click on it just type in the name for now
2. This is IMPORTANT with the telephone number take out the first digit then replace with 0044 and enter into the numbers box.
3. once you have finished entering your name and numbers click close.
For example 07776 897654 would be changed to 0044 7776 897654 (without spaces this is for illustrative purposes)
3. When you have finished entering your name and numbers click close.
Now all you need to do is to add your ringtones
1.Select Picture, Ringtone, or flash SMS, (depending on what you want to send first)
2. Copy and paste the ringtone or logo into the appropriate box by using the right key on the mouse. (from the ringtones)
3. Click Ok
4. Then Click Send
You have now finished
Any problems please consult the help files on the smartsms software or check that the smsc numbers are working and try using some of the others listed above.
We have thousands of tones for you to choose from. With a modem and a computer you can now get your free ringtones, free mobile ringtones and free logos sent straight from your own PC to your mobile phone without messing around. Getting your free ringtones is easy, we have free mobile ringtones in RTTTL, Keypress and Composer Format. Were always looking for ways to make the site better, if you have any ideas then email us.
We hope you found our 'Sms Guide' page useful, below are some useful sites;
Popular Links: Poly Ringtones >> For Nokia Ring Tones >> Other Polyphonic Ring Tones Site
Gift Ideas: Get Mobile Phone Accessories Here >> Get Free Mobile Phones Here >> Phone Sites Directory
© Copyright 2003, Free Ringtones & Free Mobile Ringtones - For more information, e-mail email@example.com